Monday 6 January 2014

Week 14 - 30th December to 5th January 2014

I’ve decided to rush in where angels fear to tread and go chrome. The mia_material_x_passes materials we were shown last term inspired me – the glossy chrome preset and it’s genuine Star Wars - the look of the Naboo Royal starship:




Further madness: use Mudbox to paint dirt onto this model – a program I don’t really know. Actually this was not so bad, the software is straightforward and I quickly got some results. This is how it looked with the diffuse map in the perspective panel with default rendering selected.


Imagine my surprise when the following pale result ensued:

I realised this was probably due to all that shininess, so I produced a specular map in Mudbox. This did not improve things much. Need to revisit! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment